Get Your Home Ready To Sell
* Edge, mow and fertilize the lawn. Reseed sparse areas.
* Trim hedges, weed lawns and flowerbeds, and prune trees. Cut back overgrown shrubbery.
* Reseal cracks in foundation, steps, walkways, walls and patios. Power-wash the exterior.
* Clean and align gutters and downspouts; clean the chimney.
* Remove oil stains from driveway and garage. Keep walks and driveway swept or free of ice.
* Wash the windows inside and out.
* Hire a cleaning service to thoroughly clean the interior.
* Paint the walls and ceilings off white or beige.
* Repair cracks, holes and damage to plaster, wallboard, wallpaper, paint, and tiles.
* Replace damaged windowpanes, moldings and woodwork.
* Repair drippy faucets and showerheads. Unclog slow drains.
* Shampoo carpets, scrub and wax linoleum or wood floors.
* Clean out the fireplace and lay some logs in it.
* Mend torn screens. Clean out all window tracks.
* Replace burned-out light bulbs. Use brighter light bulbs.
* Renail creaking boards or stairs; lubricate squeaking doors.
* Clean all appliances (especially refrigerator and oven).
* Replace old toilet seats and shower curtains.
* Clear all cobwebs from corners and doorways.
*Wash all light switches, handrails and doorknobs.